Yesterday we received $675 from 14 donors, bringing our running total up to $11,306 from 54 donors. Thanks to all who have donated so far–and for everything else you are doing to end fluoridation.
Today we have another incredible fundraising challenge. One of our most generous supporters has pledged to double everything we raise today – that’s up to midnight pacific time.
Please consider making a contribution towards FAN’s goal of raising $200,000 by midnight Dec 31.
To make a tax-deductible donation you can either:
- Donate online using our secure server.
- Or by check – please make checks payable to Fluoride Action Network and send to: FAN, c/o Connett, 104 Walnut Street, Binghamton NY 13905
P.S.–If you want your child’s (or grandchild’s) image to be on a card in a deck of cards (“52 beautiful reasons to end fluoridation”) please send us an electronic image of them holding or drinking a glass of water to firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
The Top Fluoride-Free Videos of 2015
2015 brought the fluoride-free movement some great content captured on film. And in this day and age, where most people—especially elected officials—don’t take the time or have the time to read through reams of fluoridation research and written materials, videos are becoming more important in the quest to educate people about the dangers of water fluoridation. To this end, the Fluoride Action Network has created FAN TV, where everyone can have free access to an extensive catalogue of films covering nearly every aspect of the fluoridation issue.
Before we take a look at FAN TV, the following are some of the top fluoridation videos of 2015, in no particular order:
- Our Daily Dose: a brilliant and beautiful 20-minute film on fluoridation directed and produced by filmmaker Jeremy Seifert (director of the acclaimed documentary “GMO OMG”), which has already been viewed by over 50,000 people in less than a month. Made with a deft artistry, the film packs a powerful punch, and should be shared with friends, family, neighbors, the media, and elected officials. The film can also be downloaded for easy sharing via DVD (for $10).
- Ed Begley, Jr’s Dallas PSA: Actor and environmentalist, Ed Begley, Jr.’s persuasive commercial for Dallas, Texas calling for an end to fluoridation.
- Michael Connett’s Presentation on IQ and Brain Studies: FAN’s new Executive Director, Michael Connett, Esq., presents the mounting evidence that fluoride reduces IQ in children at FAN’s Fifth Citizen’s Conference on Fluoride. Doug Cragoe filmed this presentation in September 2014, but the footage wasn’t available until 2015. The IQ studies are just the “tip of the iceberg” when animal and non-IQ studies are considered.
- East Brunswick Fluoridation Debate: Watch FAN’s former Executive Director and environmental chemist, Paul Connett, PhD debate periodontist and former President of the New Jersey Dental Association, Richard Kahn, DDS on the safety, ethics, and effectiveness of fluoridation in East Brunswick, New Jersey. The video also features legal expert David Lonsky, Esq, who reviews the U.S. legal issues stemming from fluoridation practice.
- Paul Connett’s Denver Water Board Presentation: A 30-minute edited video of Paul Connett’s presentation to the Denver water board, closing remarks, and follow-up interview. You can also watch the full three-hour fluoridation information session with a panel of experts on both sides of the issue. Here is the meeting agenda and Powerpoint presentation for every speaker.
- The Girl Against Fluoride Conference Presentation: Aisling Fitzgibbon, aka The Girl Against Fluoride‘s presentation at FAN’s Fifth Citizens Conference on Fluoride. She describes how fellow campaigners can take advantage of specific public relations strategies to inform the public about the dangers of fluoridation. Doug Cragoe filmed this presentation in September 2014, but the footage wasn’t available until 2015.
- Paul Connett on the Health Risks of Fluoridation: A well-made 20-minute video put together by Mercola.com featuring a succinct explanation of the health risks associated with fluoridation. It’s a powerful, short video that ought to be shared with all elected officials.
- Dr. Sandra Young-Why I Oppose Fluoridation: A 9-minute video featuring the testimony of Sandra Young, MD before the Arkansas State Health Board. The retired physician explains her opposition to fluoridation.
- Why Experts Oppose Fluoridation in Texas: Several medical and scientific experts each provide very short videos (less than 3 minutes) explaining why Dallas should end fluoridation. Experts include:
FAN’s Video Archives
The Fluoride Action Network has created an archive of professional quality videos on F.A.N.TV, which is home to a comprehensive catalogue of both full-length documentaries and short clips on fluoridation that are free to the general public. The videos feature FAN’s interviews with leading figures in fluoride research on the health concerns with current fluoride exposures and the history/politics of the water fluoridation program. There is both archival footage and contemporary clips.
Some of the films that can be found on FAN TV include:
- Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation: Featuring a Nobel Laureate in Medicine, three scientists from the National Research Council’s landmark review on fluoride, as well as dentists, medical doctors, and leading researchers in the field, this professionally produced 28 minute DVD presents a powerful indictment of the water fluoridation program.
- 10 Facts About Fluoride: Attorney and FAN Executive Director Michael Connett summarizes 10 basic facts about fluoride that should be considered in any discussion about whether to fluoridate water. To download the flyer that accompanies this video, click here.
- The Fluoride Deception: An interview with Christopher Bryson, an award-winning journalist, former BBC producer, and author of “The Fluoride Deception”.
- Response to Dr. Wu: Dr. Jay Levy, a practicing dentist in Portland, exposes the demonstrably false claims recently made by Dr. Phillip Wu, in a video made by the pro-fluoridation advocacy group Healthy Kids, Healthy Portland.
- The Benefits of Water Fluoridation?: A succinct review of recent research showing that fluoridating water provides little to no benefit to teeth.
- William Hirzy, PhD & the EPA Union on Fluoridation: On June 29th, 2000, Dr. William Hirzy was invited to give testimony before a subcommittee of the U.S. Senate. At the time, Dr. Hirzy was serving his sixth term as the Senior Vice-President of EPA’s Headquarters Union of Scientists and Professionals. His presentation that day was, “Why EPA’s Union of Professionals Opposes Fluoridation.” This is a video that documents the presentation along with interviews with Dr. Hirzy where he describes the reasoning behind the professional and official stance of his Union members in direct opposition to the EPA’s administrative support of fluoridation.
- The Politics of Fluoride: A short 5-minute introduction to how political pressures have thwarted scientific inquiry into fluoride’s risks. The video features interviews with several scientists, including Sir Iain Chalmers and Dr. Phyllis Mullenix.
- Why I Changed My Mind on Fluoridation: In this 1998 interview, Dr. John Colquhoun (dentist, researcher, and former Principle Dental Officer for the Auckland, New Zealand Health District) explains why he went from being New Zealand’s leading promoter of fluoridation to being an opponent of the practice. Despite its technical limitations, this is Paul Connett’s favorite interview.
- The Arizona Fluoridation Debate: An unprecedented full one-on-one Lincoln/Douglas style debate with powerpoint presentations featuring FAN’s Director and co-author of “The Case Against Fluoride”, Paul Connett, PhD, squaring off against Arizona dentist and long-time fluoridation proponent, Howard Farran, DDS.
- Ed Asner: Fluoride should be a choice, not a mandate: In this short PSA, Ed Asner explains why he opposes water fluoridation. He states that “common sense and common decency” suggest that, no matter how much a dentist or doctor might like a given medicine, in this case fluoride, they have no right to force it on an entire community, including those who don’t want it and those who are particularly vulnerable to harm.
- Ed Begley, Jr.: Many studies link fluoride to reduced IQ: In this short PSA, Begley addresses recent research linking elevated fluoride exposure to reduced IQ. Based on this and other research, Begley has added his voice to the growing number of people calling for an end to fluoridation.
- Why Seattle Should End Fluoridation: Paul Connett, PhD, Executive Director of the Fluoride Action Network, speaking in Seattle at the Town Hall Theater, March 17, 2014, on the health risks of the practice of water fluoridation and the propaganda that keeps this foolish practice still in place. The original video is 90 minutes long but has been edited down to a more manageable 58 minutes to make it a length suitable for posting on public access TV. This video should be standard viewing for everyone involved with individual campaigns. Check with your local access TV channel to see how to get it aired in your community.
Additional Recommended Videos Not on FAN TV
- Fluoridegate: An American Tragedy: A film produced by David Kennedy, DDS. It’s a revealing and startling look into the practice of fluoridation and how the government, industry, and trade associations protect and promote the practice (the “policy”) regardless of the known health risks and the growing number of victims. Particularly dramatic is the interview with the Washington DC lawyer who defended Dr. William Marcus, the EPA toxicologist who was wrongfully dismissed from his position with the Office of Water for raising questions about the way the fluoride toxicity issue was being handled by his department.
- The Toxic Truth About Fluoride and Its Health Danger: This three-minute video from Dr. Mercola is a quick and creative introduction to the issue of water fluoridation and the arguments against the practice to share with your friends, family, and co-workers. Earlier this year Dr. Mercola also released this great 3-minute video, and last year he released a similar short video overview of fluoridation that you can see here.
- The Great Fluoride Debate 2014: A debate held in Prince George, British Columbia, which later voted to end the practice. In this video Dr. Connett debates Dr. Todd Whitcombe, an Associate Professor at the University of Northern British Columbia.
- Interview with Dr. Hans Moolenburgh: A General Practitioner, explaining what he and other doctors saw when the Netherlands started fluoridating the drinking water, and why they campaigned to successfully end the practice. You can also see Dr. Moolenburgh discuss infant exposure to fluoride in this video appeal to the American Dietetic Association a few years ago.
- Paul Connett’s presentation at the 2014 IAOMT Conference: Paul’s presentation at the annual 2014 annual conference of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT).
- Fluoride is Poison: The international television news program Breaking the Set with host Abbey Martin ran a great story on the dangers of fluoridation. Abbey’s show is on the Russian Today television network and is broadcast to more than 550 million viewers in over 100 countries.
- Pennsylvania forum discussion on fluoridation: A public TV station in Pennsylvania held this informative one-hour forum on fluoridation, featuring Michael Connett, Michal Meyer of the Chemical Heritage Foundation, and Dr. Craig Collison.”
- Professor Mark Diesendorf talks about fluoride and infants: In a recent interview, this Australian Professor tells the story of his fight with the “Pediatrics” journal in the 1990’s when he discovered that scientists had severely underestimated infant fluoride intake levels. This is an interesting story and takes about 11 minutes.
- New Zealand Dentists Speak Out Against Fluoridation: A powerful video featuring several dentists sharing their reasons for opposing water fluoridation. You can also view a video of Dr. Lawrie Brett speaking out individually.
- How Safe is Drinking Water: A 30-minute interview with Bill Osmunson, DDS, MPH, about the lack of safety or effectiveness of fluoridation.
If your favorite fluoride video from 2015 is not on our list, please let us know by sending a short description and a link to (email@example.com), so we can share it in a future bulletin.
Fluoride Action Network