Educate Local Decision-makers
Please stay tuned as this page will be updated with additional information, tools, and materials over the next 24-hours.
If you want to do more, talk to your contact your city council, selectmen, Mayor, water board, and water director.
- Nearly every community in the USA has a city, town or village council to work for the best interests of the residents.
- With friends and neighbors, attend one of their meetings to explain the facts as presented in the Bashash et al.(2017) study where the authors reported that it was the level of fluoride in the urine of pregnant women that was the causative factor for a drop of 5 to 6 IQ points in their children at 4 years of age and 6-12 years of age. 299 pregnant women and their offspring were in this multi-million dollar study funded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH). The levels of fluoride in pregnant women in fluoridated communities in the U.S. are expected to be the same levels as the women in the Bashash et al. study.
- Also mention that another study of pregnant women and their offspring by Thomas et al. (2018) found a similar result for the lowering of IQ in 3 year olds. This study was also funded by the U.S NIH.
- Ask them to consider this question:
If your wife or daughter was pregnant,
would you want them to know about
the results of these studies?
Would you want them to drink the tap water?
- Request your city council to invoke the Precautionary Principle(If in Doubt, Take it Out) and place an immediate moratorium on fluoridation in the community so that all pregnant women in your area will be protected.
- If your city council refuses to consider a moratorium on fluoridation, ask that they provide free non-fluoride tap water to pregnant women and bottle-fed infants in the community for not only drinking purposes but for food uses such as soups, rice, pasta, coffee, tea, fruit beverages, etc. They can do this by placing water taps in convenient locations throughout your city/town that provide drinking water with no added fluoride, or
- By subsidizing reverse osmosis water filters for placement under the kitchen sink in the homes of pregnant women and bottle-fed infants. Concurrent with this would be for your council to consider the best means of delivery of this water to families without cars to carry it.
- Request the city Council to write to the city/or county Public Health Director and local Water Director asking them to issue warning announcements to pregnant women to not drink the water and also to run PSAs (Public Service Announcements) on TV, radio, print, web, and in Annual Water Confidence Reports.
The Absurdities of Water Fluoridation
[caption id="attachment_10205" align="alignleft" width="190"] Paul Connett, PhD[/caption] Water fluoridation is a peculiarly American phenomenon. It started at a time when Asbestos lined our pipes, lead was added to gasoline, PCBs filled our transformers and DDT was deemed so "safe and effective" that officials felt no qualms spraying kids in school classrooms
Why I am now officially opposed to adding fluoride to drinking water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-hKlIgCuM April, 2000 To whom it may concern: Since April of 1999, I have publicly decried the addition of fluoride, especially hydrofluosilicic acid, to drinking water for the purpose of preventing tooth decay. The following summarize my reasons. New evidence for lack of effectiveness of fluoridation in modern times. [caption id="attachment_10211" align="alignleft" width="150"] Dr. Hardy
50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation
Introduction [caption id="attachment_11821" align="alignleft" width="200"] Dr. Paul Connett[/caption] In Europe, only Ireland (73%), Poland (1%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), and the U.K. (11%) fluoridate any of their water. Most developed countries, including Japan and 97% of the western European population, do not consume fluoridated water. In the U.S., about 70% of public water supplies are
Fluoride & IQ: The 52 Studies
As of September 2017, a total of 59 studies have investigated the relationship between fluoride and human intelligence, and over 40 studies have investigated the relationship fluoride and learning/memory in animals. Of these investigations, 52 of the 59 human studies have found that elevated fluoride exposure is associated with reduced IQ,
Fluoride's Effect on Fetal Brain
The human placenta does not prevent the passage of fluoride from a pregnant mother's bloodstream to the fetus. As a result, a fetus can be harmed by fluoride ingested pregnancy. Based on research from China, the fetal brain is one of the organs susceptible to fluoride poisoning. As highlighted by the excerpts
Fluoride's Neurobehavioral Effects in Humans & Animals
In addition to studies linking fluoride to reduced IQ in humans, and impaired learning/memory in animals, human and animal studies have also linked fluoride to a variety of other neurobehavioral effects. These studies, which are excerpted below, provide yet further evidence that fluoride is a neurotoxin. The importance of considering other
Email Exchange with FDA re: Fluoride Supplements
Email exchange regarding FDA's reasons for not approving fluoride supplements.
Harvard's Statement on Chester Douglass/Scientific Misconduct
Statement Concerning the Outcome of the Review into Allegations of Research Misconduct Involving Fluoride Research BOSTON-August 15, 2006-The Harvard Medical School and School of Dental Medicine (HSDM) review of Chester Douglass, DMD, PhD, professor of oral health policy and epidemiology at HSDM, has concluded that Douglass did not intentionally omit, misrepresent,
The 'Altered Recommendations' of the 1983 Surgeon General's Panel
"We believe that EPA staff and managers should be called to testify, along with members of the 1983 Surgeon Generals panel and officials of the Department of Human Services, to explain how the original recommendations of the Surgeon Generals panel were altered to allow EPA to set otherwise unjustifiable drinking water standards for fluoride."
Related Miscellaneous Content: