The Amesbury Health Department, in cooperation with the Amesbury Department of Public Works and the Mayor’s Office, has announced the implementation of a fluoride program for eligible residents.
This program is being implemented due to the discontinuance of fluoride in the public water supply, which resulted from a problem with the fluoride product purchased from China. The focus of the program is to assist those residents who do not have access to proper fluoride treatments through dental care and/or other medical care.
Residents may contact the Health Department at 978-388-8134 to inquire about eligibility to participate and learn more about the program.
Copyright 2010 Amesbury News. Some rights reserved.
– END –
- Nov 13, 2011, Amesbury residents vote to end fluoridation of the city’s water,
- March 11, 2010, Amesbury: Chinese fluoride In Mass. water raises concern,
- Jan 19, 2010, Amesbury: Town halts use in water supply, seeks solutions,
- Jan 25, 2010, Amesbury: Feds note fluoride problems,
- Jan 25, 2010, Amesbury: Fluoride concerns are worth probing,
- Apr 17, 2009, Amesbury discontinues fluoridation due to difficulty in obtaining sodium fluoride,
- Oct 27, 2007, Amesbury Health Dept. launches fluoride program,