Three people were hospitalized Friday after a hazardous chemical leak outside the Missouri American Water plant near Olive Boulevard.
Between 150 and 200 gallons of hydrofluorosilicic acid leaked out of a delivery truck about 10:30 a.m. on Hog Hollow Road, Monarch Fire Protection District Fire Marshal Dave Nichols said.
The driver of the truck and two employees were taken to St. John’s Mercy Medical Center. They were released later in the afternoon, Nichols said.
The liquid spill did not contaminate any creeks, streams or sewers, Nichols said, and did not cause any evacuations.
The chemical used to treat water began leaking from the truck when an external valve failed, Nichols said. The liquid emits hazardous vapors.