The Iowa Public Health Association (IPHA) seeks an independent contractor to coordinate the Coming Together to Protect Community Water Fluoridation in Iowa Project funded through a grant to IPHA from the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation. Oral health and coalition experience preferred.
Proposed project period: 9.01.14 – 4.30.15
Contract amount: Flat fee – $1,000 per month
If interested, please email a cover letter addressing your qualifications for this contract, resume and writing sample to IPHA Executive Director, Jeneane Moody, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8.13 .14.
SCOPE OF SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED:
1. Coordinate the Iowans for Oral Health Coalition established to address threats to community water fluoridation (CWF) in Iowa.
2. Support SharePoint site for exchanging coalition data (e.g., toolkit templates, tracking response to community stakeholders by each member of the coalition rapid response team).
3. Work on policy and funding support to clarify the jurisdiction and responsibility of the Iowa Department of Public Health for: a) monitoring/regulating the fluoridation of the drinking water supplies and b) assessing health issues and determining optimal fluoride concentrations.
4. Replicate CWF survey and mapping project from 2012 and 2013.
5. Maintain online tracking of Iowa communities which discontinued CWF or are considering doing so.
6. Offer technical assistance to communities applying t o DDIA for the Community Water Fluoridation Grant Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE IOWA PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION
1. Review and support contractor’s work for the project as identified in the work plan.
2. Provide access to conference line for convening CWF coalition.
3. Monitor and report project expenses for the Coming Together to Protect Community Water Fluoridation in Iowa project funded by the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation.
Additional information about this work found at www.iowapha.org . Click on Hot Public Health Topics and then Community Water Fluoridation.