Posted: January 19, 2010
Closing Date: February 19, 2010
Washington Dental Service Foundation is seeking a Program Officer to become an integral part of our team. The Senior Program Officer will take responsibility for executing the Foundation’s strategies for improving oral health in Washington State through fluoridation of public water supplies. Work with local community coalitions on campaigns to fluoridate their drinking water and/or counter act any attempt to stop fluoridating drinking water, strategically provide evidence based information on this issue to elected officials and others, and work with others around the country on national efforts to create a receptive environment for local efforts. Work as a member of the Foundation’s team of professional staff to create vision and commitment to action. This position is part planner, part activist, requiring the ability to ask, listen and act.
Skills/Experience you will need….
• Develop an understanding of the fluoridation initiative; the underlying theory of community change and the research underlying the theory; understand the science behind the case for fluoridation and the technical execution issues managed by water providers; be sufficiently knowledgeable so as to be able to speak credibly about both topics with external parties.
• Develop ongoing working relationships with the national advocates and foundations that work to increase fluoridation, accessing their expertise as appropriate. Work with national partners to identify and execute strategies that will create a receptive environment nationally.
• Work to implement the fluoridation initiative by identifying and assessing a community’s readiness to initiate an effort to fluoridate their drinking water, and making recommendations about executing a successful local campaign.
• Work with targeted community leaders, elected officials and others to produce strong and viable local coalitions to support efforts on fluoridation or other public policy adoption and execution.
• Represent the Foundation in external audiences; prepare and deliver presentations as needed. Washington Dental Service Foundation created in 1985 and funded by Washington Dental Service the state's largest foundation dedicated to improving oral health.
As community advocates for oral health, WDS Foundation is working to make certain that prevention and early treatment of oral disease-for all generations-are community priorities. Washington Dental Service, the originator of group dental plans, began operations in Washington State in 1954. Today Washington Dental Service, a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association, is the leading dental benefits company in Washington State, delivering high-quality, and affordable dental care to more than two million people through employer-sponsored programs.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which include:
• Annual incentive bonus
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life insurance
• Short and Long Team Disability Insurance
• 401k plan – dollar for dollar match on the first 8 % of your contribution.
• Wellness program paid up to $40 per month for Health Club membership
• 2 weeks vacation
• 11 paid Holidays (9 scheduled and 2 floating)
• Free METRO Flex Pass
To learn more about our organization please visit http://www.deltadentalwa.com . Qualified candidates please email your cover letter with salary requirement and resume to: email@example.com Washington Dental Service Foundation 9706 4th Ave NE Seattle Washington 98115