Excerpts from 2-page letter, available in pdf format:
Technical Assistant to the Chief of Distribution Water Quality Operations
BWS Foils Records Officer
City of New York Department of Environmental Protection
Mr. Paul Stephen Beeber
Paul Stephen Beeber Law of Offices
130 Newbridge Road
Hicksville NY 11801
Dear Mr. Beeber:
This letter is in response to your Freedom of Information Law Request (FOIL). The information below, follows the format of your FOIL where it is possible. The data is based ont he calendar year 2008.
1. Price per ton of hydrofluosilicic acid – The average price was $2351.67 per ton…
3. Annual cost of fluoride chemicals all boroughts:
a) Total cost for all boroughs- $5,145,473.52 (include upstate outside water communities).
b) Cost breakdown for each borough- Can be apportioned by the estimated percent consumption of each borough-
5. Quantity of hydrofluosilicic acid purchase- 2188.4 tons…
7. Number of employees employed full time in connection with fluoridation program- Thirteen (13)…
9. Number of employees involved in monitoring the fluoridation equipment to prevent malfunction or failure- There are an additional (3) employees assigned to Laboratory Operations on a part-time basis (not listed in item 7 or 8) that are involved in monitoring the fluoridation equipment to prevent malfunction or failure.
Page 2 of letter
10. The annual (2008) cost of:
a) Installation of equipment- Kensico Fluoridation (1 time cost to rehabilitate the entire facilit was $10,932,170.00. Dunwoodic Fluoridation (1 time cost to rehabilitate the entire facility was $1,635,193.00. These expenditures upgraded all treatment equipment, monitoring equipment and associated apparatuses originally installed in 1965. Ity also addressed numerous Health and Safety issues at the facilities…
c) Repairs for corrosion- See “a”, facilities rehabilitated in 2008.