According to Casey Borchert and Fluoride Free St. Croix Falls, on Monday night (January 28) the city council voted 2 to 1 to discontinue the addition of fluoride to the city’s water supply due to the annual cost perspective and consideration of the safety of the public works employees.
Casey Borchert, a resident who tried to end fluoridation back in 2013, told FAN that the issue was brought to the council by a public works employee. He also noted that the newspapers that cover the city are bi-weekly. FAN will run the articles as soon as they are published.
Background articles on the fluoridation issue in St. Croix Falls
• April 20, 2013, Fluoridation discontinued in St. Croix Falls, By Joseph Pruski, Press Pubs
• April 16, 2013, Falls’ Council reinstates water fluoridation, By Joseph Pruski, The Sun
• March 6, 2013, St. Croix Falls Council may reinstate water fluoridation, by Joseph Pruski, The Sun
• February 14, 2013, Fluoride Wars come to St. Croix Falls, by T.A. Doughty-St. Hilaire, Standard Press
• February 17, 2009, St. Croix Falls city council sinks teeth into fluoridation issue, , Press Pubs