WATER FLUORIDATION STATUS:
- PERCENT OF PEOPLE SERVED BY PUBLIC WATER SYSTEMS THAT ARE FLUORIDATED:
- To see if your town is fluoridated, click here.
- To learn when your town was fluoridated, and which fluoridation chemical it uses, click here.
- To see the latest news on fluoride developments in Rhode Island, click here.
- To see an updated list of Rhode Island’s professionals calling for an end to fluoridation, click here.
Rhode Island’s FLUORIDATION LAW:
- The State of Rhode Island does not mandate fluoridation. Local governments control fluoridation policy in RI. City councils can begin or discontinue fluoridation at their discretion, or by a referendum vote. To learn more about these fluoridation laws, click here.
DATA ON ORAL HEALTH:
- 2011. Rhode Island Oral Health Plan, 2011-2016. Rhode Island Oral Health Commission, Rhode Island Department of Health. January. This publication was made possible in part by funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Oral Health, Cooperative Agreement 08802 and the Health Resources and Services Administration, Division of Medicine and Dentistry, Grant #T12HP14663. No mention of dental fluorosis.
- 2012. Oral Health of Rhode Island’s Children. By the Rhode Island Department of Health, Oral Health Program. February. Authored by Junhie Oh, BDS, MPH, Oral Health Epidemiologist/Evaluator; Deborah Fuller, DMD, MS, Dental Sealant Program Coordinator/Public Health Dentist, Oral Health Program. No mention of dental fluorosis.
FAN’S STATE COORDINATOR IN Rhode Island:
If you live in RI and want to get the fluoride out of your water contact Stuart Cooper, FAN’s campaign coordinator.