WATER FLUORIDATION STATUS:
- PERCENT OF PEOPLE SERVED BY PUBLIC WATER SYSTEMS THAT ARE FLUORIDATED:
- To see if your town is fluoridated, click here.
- To learn when your town was fluoridated, and which fluoridation chemical it uses, click here.
WATER FLUORIDATION ACCIDENTS:
- AUGUST 1980 – Accident with school water fluoridation equipment leads to fluoride levels as high as 1,041 ppm and causes an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness, headache, dizziness, and diarrhea at a farmers market. (SOURCE: Vogt 1982)
- To see the latest news on fluoride developments in Vermont, click here.
- To see an updated list of Vermont’s professionals calling for an end to fluoridation, click here.
Vermont’s FLUORIDATION LAW:
- The State of Vermont does not mandate fluoridation. Local governments control fluoridation policy in VT. City councils can begin or discontinue fluoridation at their discretion, or by a referendum vote. To learn more about VT’s fluoridation laws, click here.
DATA ON ORAL HEALTH:
FAN’S STATE COORDINATOR IN Vermont:
If you live in VT and want to get the fluoride out of your water contact Karl Novak, FAN’s Vermont state coordinator.
Vermont COMMUNITIES THAT HAVE REJECTED FLUORIDATION:
This was the second vote against
|16,000||March 3, 2015|
(voted to remove fluoride)
|1,333||March 3, 2009|
|Bennington||15,764||January 8, 2002|
|Brattleboro||12,005||November 7, 2000|
Fluoride Pollution Sources in Vermont:
|2008 HF Releases (in pounds)||Type of Industry||Name of Industry|
|2,781||Computers/Electronics||IBM CORP. 1000 RIVER ST, ESSEX JUNCTION, Vermont 05452 (CHITTENDEN)|
|342||Transportation Equipment||GE AVIATION PLANT 2. 270 WINDCREST RD, NORTH CLARENDON, Vermont 05759 (RUTLAND)|