The Fluoride Action Network is excited to announce the launch of the FAN Study Tracker, the most up-to-date and comprehensive source for fluoride health research, including studies investigating how fluoride affects the brain (e.g., IQ scores), the bones/joints (e.g., arthritis), the cardiovascular system, the kidneys, and the thyroid gland.
Features of the Study-Tracker include:
- Over 1,500 abstracts and over 400 full-text studies.
- Filters that enable 80+ years of research to be organized by health category/subcategory, study type, and date.
- FAN’s entire set of translated studies, including over 25 new translations that have not previously been released.
- A “Related Content” feature that provides links to relevant FAN content for each study.
The depth of the Study-Tracker can be gleaned from the following numbers:
- 844 studies since 2000, including 180 studies since 2013.
- 455 studies on the skeletal system, including 75 studies on arthritis.
- 294 studies on the mechanisms by which fluoride damages cells, including 155 on oxidative stress.
- 237 studies on the brain, including 95 studies on cognitive function.
- 182 studies on the kidneys, including 64 studies on the heightened risks faced by kidney patients.
These numbers will continue to grow as new research is published, and new features will continue to be added.
The FAN team is committed to improving public awareness about the risks that fluoride poses to human health. We believe the Study-Tracker will help in this effort by making the science on fluoride toxicity more readily available than ever before.
And now, without further ado, the FAN Study Tracker.