Help Spread the Word
Drinking fluoridated water is the major source of exposure to fluoride for most people, as well as using water to prepare beverages and food, such as infant formula, soups, pasta, rice, coffee, and tea. Despite the U.S. government funding research linking fluoride exposure during pregnancy to lower IQ in children, health agencies and public water suppliers appear to be doing nothing to notify or warn pregnant women in fluoridated communities of this potential threat to the brain development of their children.
While ending public water fluoridation is the proper response and ultimate solution to this health risk, it’s important that we work to reduce the harmful effects of the practice while it’s still in effect. A crucial part of this effort is warning people who are particularly vulnerable to fluoride toxicity. With your help, we can educate the next generation of parents, so they can take action to avoid fluoride exposure during this critical time in the development of their child.
Baby Steps to Help Spread the Word
First, get connect with FAN and a vibrant movement of concerned individuals and professionals throughout the U.S. and the world. It’s easy to keep up to date with the latest Moms2B news, science, studies, campaign tools, and updates:
- Sign up here to learn more about the Moms2B campaign and how you can participate further.
- “Like” our Moms2B Facebook page. This is an easy way to maintain contact with this educational effort, and learn about new resources, research, and progress. This also enables you to quickly share our posts on the subject, making education and outreach even easier.
On a Personal Level:
Make a difference on your own, even right from home
- Word-of-Mouth has been proven time and again to be one of the most effective and influential ways to educate and alert the public. People tend to listen to and trust their friends, family members, clients, and peers more than other sources of information, especially when they’re face-to-face. Personally share and discuss the Moms2B Avoid Fluoride message with the people in your life; even the members of your book club, your healthcare provider, your hairdresser…anyone you think will benefit from this knowledge. It’s as simple as saying:
Did you see the new government-funded study linking fluoride exposure during pregnancy to lowered IQ in children? Expecting mothers should avoid fluoride and fluoridated water. I’ll send you the info on social media or by email.
- Email this information to friends, family, and every pregnant woman you know using our automated system. Or cut and paste the example message below into your own email. Make sure to urge the recipients to do the same, exponentially increasing your impact with each person who shares it.
I wanted to let you know about a new 12-year study funded by the U.S. government has linked fluoride exposure during pregnancy to lowered IQ in children.
You can visit this website to learn more: http://fluoridealert.org/issues/moms2b/
Please consider sharing this with anyone you know expecting a child or planning a pregnancy!
- Share our information on social media.
- Send letters-to-the-editor of your local newspapers. This is a useful way to educate residents, journalists, and community leaders simultaneously.
- Send our press release to the news departments of your local media outlets (TV, radio, newspaper).
- Share your own campaign ideas, art, warning posters, social media info-graphics or memes, and other educational materials with us by emailing them to Moms2B@fluoridealert.org
- Educate your U.S. Congressperson and Senator, urging them to call for congressional hearings on fluoridation.
- Contact your State Legislator and urge them to pass a law requiring public water companies to notify parents of this risk during pregnancy, or to consider replacing fluoridation with an alternative oral health policy (like the Childsmile program in Scotland) that reduces the health risk to children.
- Donate to FAN’s education campaign to notify pregnant women to avoid fluoride, including running advertisements on Google, Facebook, and in other platforms where ads are most likely to reach pregnant women, parents, health practitioners, and decision-makers with authority over fluoridation policy.
On a Community Level:
Educating the community with a team of concerned citizens or by yourself
- Distribute flyers and literature in your health food stores, coffee shops, post office, libraries, laundromats, community centers, area WIC offices, daycares, local women’s health centers, bus stops and stations, and wherever an accessible bulletin board or a public space with a lot of pedestrian traffic. Hand materials out at area events, farmers markets, “4th” Trimester meetings, yoga classes, book clubs, or anywhere else you’ll find a captive audience.
- Arrange local screenings of our videos and PSAs on your local community TV channel.
- Educate your City Council, Mayor, Water Board members, and Water Director about Moms2B Avoid Fluoride. Urge decision-makers to notify water consumers about this risk, or to replace fluoridation with a safer oral health policy.
- Join a state or local campaign to help end the addition of fluoridation chemicals to your drinking water. Visit our World Alliance to End Fluoridation as well as our State Pages to find your FAN state contact and the latest local fluoride news, which will name the communities and campaigners who have debated the issue recently in your area. Also consider searching the internet, followed by a search on Facebook using search terms like: “fluoride free “ or “end fluoridation” followed by the name of your town or state.
- If you can’t find a local campaign to join, learn more about initiating your own campaign to end fluoridation, or to pass a local infant fluoride warning.
- More to be announced over the coming weeks…
Share Your Moms2B Story:
Are you helping to spread the word about Moms2B Avoid Fluoride? Please share stories, photos, and videos about your experience with FAN by emailing them to Moms2B@fluoridealert.org
We will share your story on this website and with fellow supporters of this campaign to inspire them, show solidarity, and offer examples of successful and unique campaign ideas.
People who share their experiences will receive a free T-shirt and two bumper stickers.
As the campaign progresses over the coming weeks and months, please check back to see the experiences of concerned citizens and community leaders like yourself.
MOMS2B Helpline: Have a question or need assistance?
For more info on this issue, use the links
in the pop-down menu at the top
The Absurdities of Water Fluoridation
[caption id="attachment_10205" align="alignleft" width="190"] Paul Connett, PhD[/caption] Water fluoridation is a peculiarly American phenomenon. It started at a time when Asbestos lined our pipes, lead was added to gasoline, PCBs filled our transformers and DDT was deemed so "safe and effective" that officials felt no qualms spraying kids in school classrooms
Why I am now officially opposed to adding fluoride to drinking water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-hKlIgCuM April, 2000 To whom it may concern: Since April of 1999, I have publicly decried the addition of fluoride, especially hydrofluosilicic acid, to drinking water for the purpose of preventing tooth decay. The following summarize my reasons. New evidence for lack of effectiveness of fluoridation in modern times. [caption id="attachment_10211" align="alignleft" width="150"] Dr. Hardy
50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation
Introduction [caption id="attachment_11821" align="alignleft" width="200"] Dr. Paul Connett[/caption] In Europe, only Ireland (73%), Poland (1%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), and the U.K. (11%) fluoridate any of their water. Most developed countries, including Japan and 97% of the western European population, do not consume fluoridated water. In the U.S., about 70% of public water supplies are
Fluoride & IQ: The 63 Studies
As of November 2019, a total of 71 studies have investigated the relationship between fluoride and human intelligence. Of these investigations, 63 studies have found that elevated fluoride exposure is associated with reduced IQ in humans, while over 60 animal studies have found that fluoride exposure impairs the learning and/or
Fluoride's Effect on Fetal Brain
The human placenta does not prevent the passage of fluoride from a pregnant mother's bloodstream to the fetus. As a result, a fetus can be harmed by fluoride ingested pregnancy. Based on research from China, the fetal brain is one of the organs susceptible to fluoride poisoning. As highlighted by the excerpts
Fluoride's Neurobehavioral Effects in Humans & Animals
In addition to studies linking fluoride to reduced IQ in humans, and impaired learning/memory in animals, human and animal studies have also linked fluoride to a variety of other neurobehavioral effects. These studies, which are excerpted below, provide yet further evidence that fluoride is a neurotoxin. The latest findings were reported
Email Exchange with FDA re: Fluoride Supplements
Email exchange regarding FDA's reasons for not approving fluoride supplements.
Harvard's Statement on Chester Douglass/Scientific Misconduct
Statement Concerning the Outcome of the Review into Allegations of Research Misconduct Involving Fluoride Research BOSTON-August 15, 2006-The Harvard Medical School and School of Dental Medicine (HSDM) review of Chester Douglass, DMD, PhD, professor of oral health policy and epidemiology at HSDM, has concluded that Douglass did not intentionally omit, misrepresent,
The 'Altered Recommendations' of the 1983 Surgeon General's Panel
"We believe that EPA staff and managers should be called to testify, along with members of the 1983 Surgeon Generals panel and officials of the Department of Human Services, to explain how the original recommendations of the Surgeon Generals panel were altered to allow EPA to set otherwise unjustifiable drinking water standards for fluoride."
Related Miscellaneous Content: