Fluoride Action Network

Have You Been Consuming Too Much Fluoride?

Source: Glamour Magazine | June 5th, 2015 | By Jillian Kramer

… have we been getting too much of a good thing?

The short answer: No. According to Mark Wolff, D.D.S., associate dean for pre-doctoral clinical education at the New York University College of Dentistry, “toxic levels of fluoride are very, very high—dozens of times greater than 1 milligram per liter of water.” Signs of someone who’s overdosed on fluoride show up in very obvious ways: Malformed choppers or a white haze in developing mouths, and browning on adult teeth. And even those teeth are technically healthy—they just don’t look pretty.

… Considering its benefits and relatively low risk, we should be asking ourselves if we’re getting enough fluoride, Wolff cautions…

Read full article