WATER FLUORIDATION STATUS:
- PERCENT OF PEOPLE SERVED BY PUBLIC WATER SYSTEMS THAT ARE FLUORIDATED:
- To see if your town is fluoridated, click here.
- To learn when your town was fluoridated, and which fluoridation chemical it uses, click here.
- To see the latest news on fluoride developments in Idaho, click here.
- To see an updated list of Idaho’s professionals calling for an end to fluoridation, click here.
Idaho’s FLUORIDATION LAW:
- The State of Idaho does not mandate fluoridation. Local governments control fluoridation policy in ID. City councils can begin or discontinue fluoridation at their discretion, or by a referendum vote. Each community’s fluoridation ordinance is unique. To learn more about these fluoridation ordinances, click here.
DATA ON ORAL HEALTH:
- 2008. Idaho Oral Health Plan 2008-2013. The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. No mention of dental fluorosis.
- 2014. Idaho Smile Survey. 2013 Report. Prepared by Ward Ballard, Research Analyst, Principal. Idaho Department of Health & Welfare.This report was supported by the Maternal and Child Health Block Grant and the Cooperative Agreement 1U58DP004914-01 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
— Fluorosisis mentioned on pages 2, 12, 13, 20
• The rate for severe fluorosis (teeth show brown spots or pitting) was 0.1 percent for2013 for all third-grade students
• Percent of Idaho Third-Grade Students with Fluorosis, 2001-2013:
2001: 8.7 %
2009: 7.8%2013: 5.8%
FAN’S STATE COORDINATOR IN Idaho:
If you live in ID and want to get the fluoride out of your water contact Stuart Cooper, FAN’s campaign coordinator.
Idaho COMMUNITIES THAT HAVE REJECTED FLUORIDATION:
|Sandpoint||July 24, 2010|
IDAHO WATER SYSTEMS WITH HIGH FLUORIDE LEVELS:
|Water System||County||Population Size||Fluoride Level (ppm)|
|Information from CDC’s Fluoridation Census published in 1993.|
FLUORIDE POLLUTION SOURCES IN IDAHO:
In 2008, Idaho ranked #43 out of 48 states for Hydrogen Fluoride releases (73,655 pounds). The following data comes from EPA’s Toxic Release Inventory (TRI). “Total releases” includes both water and air pollution. It’s important to note, however, that not all industries or sources that release fluoride into the environment are included in the TRI.
|2008 Total Releases
|Type of Industry||Name of Industry|
|60,134||Chemicals||J R SIMPLOT CO DON SID ING. 1150 W HWY 30, POCATELLO, Idaho 83204 (POWER)|
|9,410||Computers/Electronics||MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. 8000 S FEDERAL WAY, BOISE, Idaho 83716 (ADA)|
|3,948||Chemicals||P4 PRODUCTION LLC. 1853 HWY 34, SODA SPRINGS, Idaho 83276 (CARIBOU)|
|275||Chemicals||NU-WEST INDUSTRIES INC. 3010 CONDA RD, SODA SPRINGS, Idaho 83276 (CARIBOU)|