WATER FLUORIDATION STATUS:
- PERCENT OF PEOPLE SERVED BY PUBLIC WATER SYSTEMS THAT ARE FLUORIDATED:
2018: 75.0% – ranked #28 among the states (100% fluoridated is ranked #1)
- To see if your town is fluoridated, click here.
- To learn when your town was fluoridated, and which fluoridation chemical it uses, click here.
NEVADA FLUORIDE DATA FOR EACH WATER SYSTEM
• 2020: Levels of Fluoride in the State’s Drinking Water and Fluoridation Status: 36 Public Water Systems with fluoride levels over 0.71 ppm.
- To see the latest news on fluoride developments in Nevada, click here.
- To see an updated list of Nevada’s professionals calling for an end to fluoridation, click here.
Nevada’s MANDATORY FLUORIDATION LAW:
- Nevada Revised Statute 445A mandates fluoridation in all counties with populations greater than 400,000. Counties with less then 400,000 residents have the option of fluoridation. To learn more about this law, click here.
DATA ON ORAL HEALTH:
- 2012-2013 Head Start Oral Health Survey. Nevada. Department of Health and Human Services, Nevada State Health Division, Oral Health Program. February 2013. No mention of dental fluorosis.
- 2011: Inequalities of caries experience in Nevada youth expressed by DMFT index vs. Significant Caries Index (SiC) over time. By Ditmyer M, Dounis G, Mobley C, Schwarz E. BMC Oral Health.
- 2011. Nevada Oral Health Surveiilance Plan. By Pool C, Hansen AC, Cofano L.January. Department of Health and Human Resources. The report is a draft, there is no final available. No mention of dental fluorosis.
- 2009. Third Grade Oral Health Survey 2008-2009. Department of Health and Human Services, Nevada State Health Division, Oral Health Program. No mention of dental fluorosis.
- 2008 Nevada State Oral Health Plan. Department of Health and Human Services, Nevada State Health Division, Bureau of Family Health Services. April. Funding for the 2008 State Oral Health Summit was provided by: The Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Division of Oral Health. No mention of dental fluorosis.
FAN’S STATE COORDINATOR IN Nevada:
If you live in NV and want to get the fluoride out of your water contact Stuart Cooper, FAN’s campaign coordinator.
Nevada COMMUNITIES THAT HAVE REJECTED FLUORIDATION:
|Washoe County||November 5, 2002|
NEVADA WATER SYSTEMS WITH HIGH FLUORIDE LEVELS:
|Water System||County||Population Size||Fluoride Level (ppm)|
|Crystal Clear Water Co||Lyon||70||2.6|
|Moapa Indian Res||Clark||317||2.4|
|Mountain View Estates||Douglas||378||1.6|
|Information from CDC’s Fluoridation Census published in 1993.|
FLUORIDE POLLUTION SOURCES IN NEVADA:
In 2008, Nevada ranked #41 out of 48 states for Hydrogen Fluoride releases (103,755 pounds) into the environment. The following data comes from EPA’s Toxic Release Inventory (TRI). “Total releases” includes both water and air pollution. It’s important to note, however, that not all industries or sources that release fluoride into the environment are included in the TRI.
|Type of Industry||Name of Industry|
|103,755||Hazardous Waste/Solvent Recovery||US ECOLOGY NEVADA INC. 12 MILES S OF BEATTY ON HWY 95, BEATTY, Nevada 89003 (NYE)|