Index & Updates
Available March 2023: NTP’s State of the Science Report dated May 22, 2022 + Meta-Analysis + Supplemental Materials. See here.
•• May 4, 2023, BSC meeting on the fluoride documents via open webcast
•• April 2023, NTP Board of Scientific Counselors Working Group Report on the Draft State of the Science Monograph and the Draft Meta-Analysis Manuscript on Fluoride., 726 pages.
•• March 15, 2023, Documents released by the NTP for the ongoing Toxic Substances & Control Act lawsuit against the EPA on fluoride’s neurotoxicity.
•• FAN press releases on the NTP report are found here.
2015-2021: NTP on the Neurotoxicity of Fluoride
2015-2017. The genesis of NTP’s involvement in fluoride’s neurotoxicity.
* In 2016, NTP released a Systematic Literature Review on the Effects of Fluoride on Learning and Memory in Animal Studies, See here.
2019-2020: NTP releases Two Draft Systematic Reviews of Fluoride’s Neurotoxicity – See here
- The review took three years and it was the first time that any government undertook this task.
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine (NASEM) concluded it’s first peer review of NTP’s monagraph and they identified deficiencies for NTP to address
2021. The 2nd NASEM Peer Review of NTPs second review of fluoride’s neurotoxicity – See here.
2021. February 9, 2021: A Date That Will Not be Forgotten – See here
* The NTP ends its systematic review of fluoride’s neurotoxicity in a private statement that only the EPA received.
2016-2021: NTP and TSCA Trial: Comparison of Human Studies cited by each – See here
2019-2021: NTP’s Most Referenced Documents – See here
2020-2021: The NASEM’s Peer-Review Committee Members – See here
2020-2021: The NASEM Peer Reviewers of it’s Peer-Reviews – See here
* Yes, the NASEM hired peer-reviewers to peer-review their peer-review of the NTP monographs- See here
2017 – 2021: NTP and NIH: Government-Funded Fluoride Studies – See here
2016-2021: NTP and TSCA Trial: Comparison of Human Studies on fluoride’s neurotoxicity cited by each – See here
1977 – 1990: NTP Report on the Carcinogenicity of Fluoride
1977-1990. In 1977, the U.S. Congress requested that animal studies be conducted to determine if fluoride can cause cancer.
- The result of the Congressional request was that the NTP conducted two extensive animal studies in the 1980s. The NTP selected the Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, Ohio, to perform the studies, one on mice, and another on rats, that were published in 1990 – see more here.
1990. NTP Cancer Study: Response from EPA’s toxicologist William Marcus
* The battle that raged over the downgrading of cancers in the study – See here.
1990. NTP Cancer Study: Osteosarcoma Controversy – See here
1990. NTP Cancer Study: Liver Cancer Controversy – See here
1990. NTP Cancer Study: Thyroid and Oral Cancer – See here
1990-2021: All Related Documents
• Submissions to NTP & NASEM – See here
• NTP & NASEM Documents – See here
• NTP & NASEM: News Articles, Press Releases, Bulletins – See here