Showing 10 of 16754 Articles:
Nalgonda’s fluoride fighter Amshala Swamy dies after accidental fall from new EV.
Amshala Swamy, 34, a crusader against fluorosis in Nalgonda district, died at his native village, Shivannagudem, in Marriguda mandal following an accidental fall from his newly-bought electric three-wheeler on Friday night. According to information reaching here, Swamy sustained head injuries after slipping off the three-wheeler. He was riding pillion as the vehicle was moving up […]India
Fluoridated water likely for Northlanders within 18 months.
Fluoridated drinking water for up to 100,000 Northlanders could be coming out of their taps within 18 months. Last July then Director General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield ordered Government-mandated fluoridation for council drinking water plants servicing Whang?rei, Bream Bay, Kait?ia and Kerikeri and affecting 65,250 people. In November the Government indicated further mandated fluoridation […]New Zealand
Williamsburg Council revisits fluoride problems.
The Williamsburg City council continued discussion about the fluoride corrosion issues at the water treatment plant during its Jan. 23 meeting. Matt Wildman, with HR Green, briefed council members after they requested cost estimates for moving the fluoride room and questioned the current levels of fluoride in the water that reaches customers. Wildman explained it […]United States, Iowa United States
Friday Town Hall Fluoride Water
The mayor says — by the end of this year, the conversion will be complete… and liquid fluoride will be automatically added to buffalo water. *Original full-text article online at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J9uyVgsRD0United States, New York
Fluoride Presentation sparks in-depth conversation in Montesano
As discussions of what is best for public health have heated up dramatically across the country over the last few years, the city of Montesano decided to jump into the arena, hosting a presentation on water fluoridation. The Tuesday, Jan. 24 city council meeting saw a packed house of listeners as Natalie Perry, a Montesano […]United States, Washington State
MWRA Notice – Temporary Fluoride Shutdown
As part of a project to replace portions of the fluoride feed piping and equipment at the Carroll Water Treatment Plant serving MetroWest and metro Boston communities, MWRA will need to shut down the fluoride feed for a few months starting in early March. While fluoridation is important for dental health, health officials indicate that […]United States, Massachusetts United States
Release of toxic chemicals at Honeywell in Geismar prompts highway closures, shelter order.
The Honeywell complex near the Ascension/Iberville Parish line had an apparent explosion and leak of toxic hydrogen fluoride and chlorine Monday night but local law enforcement lifted highway closures after the all-clear was given about an hour later, authorities said. Ascension Parish sheriff’s deputies said an explosion or loud bang was reported from the Mississippi […]United States, Louisiana
Comment on water fluoridation to the CDC Board of Scientific Counselors
Good afternoon. I am John Mueller, I’m white with brown hair, pronouns he, him and his. I am a now retired licensed civil and control systems engineer, and with an engineering degree in geophysics from the Coorado School of Mines. My professional career included 25 years in water resources engineering in Silicon Valley and then […]United States, National United States
Friday Files – Is The Fluoride In Our Water Poisoning Us? | Ep. 77
In today’s Friday Files, I’m investigating why there are more people drinking fluoridated water in the United States than the rest of the world combined when there is no difference in tooth decay between western nations that fluoridate their water and those that do not.United States, National
Buffalo has stopped adding fluoride to water system for the last 7 years.
When Philip Reed’s son visited the dentist last fall, Reed and his wife were surprised to learn that Jonas, 7, had five cavities in his teeth. “He was brushing everyday,” Reed said, “but he wasn’t getting any fluoride.” That’s because unbeknownst to Reed and probably most of the more than 200,000 other customers of Buffalo’s […]United States, New York