Over the last 18 years I have had the great privilege of visiting many of the communities and individuals working to end – or prevent – fluoridation in their communities. I can state without hesitation that we have a fantastic worldwide movement of people fighting this unethical and reckless practice. But for many citizens, decision-makers and the media this movement is invisible beyond local actions, which are often marginalized.
Thus starting now we would like to make this movement more visible by forming the Worldwide Alliance to End Fluoridation.
Thus we would invite your group to add its name (and contact details) to the founding members listed below. Please return to email@example.com.
Joining this Alliance imposes no new obligations on you. Please carry on with what you are doing – but with the knowledge that you will be visibly part of a larger movement around the world. Hopefully, by doing so it will help you to feel less lonely and marginalized in your efforts and give each one of us a greater feeling of unity and strength. Together we will win this battle not just locally but everywhere.
FAN will continue to do everything we can to help you in your local efforts especially via our webpage FluorideAlert.org.
Signing onto the Alliance statement makes you a member and entitles you to add the statement Founding Member of the Worldwide Alliance to End Fluoridation at the end of your letterhead and leaflets.
Other than this we request that you do not make any statement in the name of the Alliance. All the statements and activities you organize you should do only in your group’s name. However, from time to time we at FAN might circulate some suggested action or statement that your group may choose to join or endorse.
If you are an individual concerned about this practice then we urge you to form a group. We suggest you start with friends and other colleagues and when you have a small nucleus organize a small meeting to attract others. If you can’t think of a name we suggest either (Town name) Citizens for Safe Water or Fluoride Free (Town Name). Please contact our campaign manager Stuart Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help doing this.
The Membership statement:
Worldwide Alliance to End Fluoridation
The following groups working to end water fluoridation in their local communities, states or countries, are uniting to end fluoridation worldwide. By uniting in this way we will show to the public, the media and decision makers the depth and breadth of this movement across the world. While hugely outspent by government agencies, the dental lobby and industrial interests, local groups opposing this practice are securing important victories largely because the science and the ethics are on our side (see the supporting document). We need to share these local victories and give moral and practical support to those still struggling. Working together we have a better chance to defeat this practice worldwide. We will win – one open mind at a time – because:
Water fluoridation is unethical, unnatural, unsafe, unproven and unnecessary.
Signed: (Please add the name of your group, town, state, name of contact and email address and phone number and street address – NOTE: your phone number and street address will not appear on the list that FAN will post on our website.)
Please see the supporting document that provides the basis for these statements (this will be updated from time to time as more scientific research is published). We are hoping that you will be able to use this supporting document as a informative leaflet for the people you are trying to reach.
Thank you for your consideration on this matter and for everything else you are doing to end this practice.
Paul Connett, PhD,
Director, FAN, www.FluorideAlert.org
Co-author of The Case Against Fluoride…(Chelsea Green, 2010).
THE LIST OF FOUNDING MEMBERS SO FAR:
- Alliance for a Clean Environment (Perth, WA). Contact: Jane Bremmer, email@example.com
- Anti-Fluoridation Association of Mildura (AFAM, Victoria). Contact: Daniel Zalec, afamildura.wordpress.com
- Citizens Against Fluoridation Incorporated (Port Macquarie Area, NSW). Contact: John Lusk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clean Water for Life (Sydney, NSW). Contact: Zara Dostojevski, email@example.com
- Fluoride Action Network Australia Inc. Contact; Merilyn Haines contact@
- Fluoride Free WA (Western Australia). Contact: James Fairbairn, james@
- Queenslanders For Safe Water, Air and Food Inc. (Brisbane). Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citizens for a Safe Environment (Toronto, Ontario). Contact: Karen Buck email@example.com
- Concerned Residents of Peel to End Water Fluoridation (Peel Region, Ontario). Contact: Liesa Cianchino, firstname.lastname@example.org
- End Fluoridation in Haldimand (Norfolk County, Ontario). Contact: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fluoride Free Halton, (Ontario). Contact: Diane Sprules email@example.com
- People for Safe Drinking Water – London (Fluoride Free London) (Ontario). Contact Chris Gupta, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muskoka Citizens Opposed to Fluoridation (Muskoka Region). Contact: Ruth Bednar email@example.com
- Fluoride Free Ottawa (Ontario). Contact Richard Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fluoride Free Peel (Region of Peel, Ontario). Contact: info@FluorideFreePeel.ca
- Fluoride Free Peterborough (Ontario). Contact Linda Clark, fluoridefreepeterborough@
- Fluoride Free Windsor (Windsor/Essex County, Ontario). Contact: Donna Mayne, email@example.com
- Front Commun Pour une Eau Saine (Quebec). Contact: Gilles Parent firstname.lastname@example.org
- Les AmiEs de la Terre de Québec (Quebec). Contact: Michel Leclerc
- Qualité de Vie Écodurable (QVE) (Quebec). Contact: Jean Cloutier, email@example.com
- WeDeserveSafeWater.com (Edmonton and Alberta) Contact: Joanne, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Hampshire Against Fluoridation, (Southampton). Contact: Anna Peckham email@example.com
- The Girl Against Fluoride (Ireland) Contact: Aisling FitzGibbon, info@thegirlagainstfluoride.
- Fluoride Action New Zealand, Contact: Mary Byrne, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fluoride Free Auckland. Contact: Marina Waterhouse, email@example.com
- Fluoride Free Hamilton. Contact: Pat McNair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fluoride Free Kapiti Coast. Contact: Deborah Wood: email@example.com
- Fluoride Free Wellington. Contact: Lynn Jordan
- Safe Water Alternative NZ Inc (SWANZ). Contact: Trevor Crosbie, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clean Water California. Contact: Jay Sanders email@example.com
- Fluoride Action Network (FAN). Contact: Paul Connett, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York State Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Inc. (NYSCOF). Contact: Carol S. Kopf email@example.com
- San Diegans for Safe Drinking Water (San Diego, CA). Contact:Patty Ducey-Brooks, pbrooks936@aol.
- Washington Action for Safe Water (Washington state, US). Contact Audrey Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fluoride-Free New Hampshire. Contact: Stuart Cooper, email@example.com
- No Fluoride Minnesota. Contact: Leslie Davis, leslie@earthprotector.
See all FAN Bulletins