WINDSOR, ONT. — The reintroduction of fluoride into Windsor’s water is expected this November.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit receiving an updated report from Enwin Thursday on the progress.
Dr. Wajid Ahmed says the report states a delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In the meantime, addition studies and analysis need to be completed to ensure it’s not interfering with lead pipes.
*Original article online at https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/fluoride-reintroduced-to-windsor-water-this-november-1.5437843
• May 8, 2018, Fluoride debate put on hold in Windsor
• January 24, 2019, Canadian cities rethink removal of fluoride from tap water
• March 26, 2019, Fluoride formally approved by Windsor city council
• April 9, 2019, Fluoride coming back into Windsor’s water, after Tecumseh’s yes vote
• Feb 27, 2020, Re-introduction of fluoride in Windsor delayed due to lead study
• May 21, 2021: CBC News: Fluoride expected to return to Windsor water supply in the fall, health unit says
• May 21, 2021, Windsor Star: Fluoride to re-enter drinking water in November
• May 21, 2021, CTV: Fluoride reintroduced to Windsor water this November