The Fluoride-Brain Studies
All Studies on Fluoride’s Effect on the Brain:
• Brain: 122 Human Studies -the IQ studies are included
• Brain: 18 Review Studies
The above studies divided into categories:
• Brain: 53 Studies on Effects on Behavior
• Brain: 159 Studies on Cognitive Function
• Brain: 17 Studies on Neurological Symptoms
The Petition submitted to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
This Petition puts into context the studies cited above. The Fluoride Action Network, together with other groups and individuals, submitted this Petition to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency under the provisions of the Toxic Substances Control Act to end the use of fluoridation chemicals because of the neurotoxicity of fluoride. The Petition is now in Federal Court in San Francisco with a trial date set for August 2019. See the Timeline of this Petition.
Other studies on fluoride’s effect on the human fetal brain
• Dong Z, Wan C, Liu J. 1993. Determination of the contents of amino-acid and monoamine neurotransmitters in fetal brains from a fluorosis-endemic area. Journal of Guiyang Medical College 18(4):241-45. (Translated from Chinese into English by the Fluoride Action Network in 2012.)
• Du L, Wan C, Cao X, Liu J. 2008. The effect of fluorine on the developing human brain. Fluoride 41(4):327–330. (Originally published in Chinese in the Chinese Journal of Pathology 1992;21(4):218-20. Translated from Chinese into English by the Fluoride Action Network.)
• He H, Cheng Z, Liu W. 2008. Effects of fluorine on the human fetus. Fluoride 41(4):321–326. (Originally published in Chinese in the Chinese Journal of Control of Endemic Diseases 1989;4(3):136-138.Translated by the Fluoride Action Network.)
• Yu Y, Wang W, Dong Z, et al. 2008. Neurotransmitter and receptor changes in the brains of fetuses from areas of endemic fluorosis. Fluoride 41(2):134–138. (Originally published in Chinese in the Chinese Journal of Endemiology 1996;15:257-259.)
See editorial in the journal Fluoride
• Spittle B. 2017: Prevention of Fluoride Ion-Induced IQ Loss in Children. Fluoride 50(4):385-392.
See also the Mother-Offspring studies
For more info on this issue, use the links
in the pop-down menu at the top
The Absurdities of Water Fluoridation
[caption id="attachment_10205" align="alignleft" width="190"] Paul Connett, PhD[/caption] Water fluoridation is a peculiarly American phenomenon. It started at a time when Asbestos lined our pipes, lead was added to gasoline, PCBs filled our transformers and DDT was deemed so "safe and effective" that officials felt no qualms spraying kids in school classrooms
Why I am now officially opposed to adding fluoride to drinking water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-hKlIgCuM April, 2000 To whom it may concern: Since April of 1999, I have publicly decried the addition of fluoride, especially hydrofluosilicic acid, to drinking water for the purpose of preventing tooth decay. The following summarize my reasons. New evidence for lack of effectiveness of fluoridation in modern times. [caption id="attachment_10211" align="alignleft" width="150"] Dr. Hardy
50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation
Introduction [caption id="attachment_11821" align="alignleft" width="200"] Dr. Paul Connett[/caption] In Europe, only Ireland (73%), Poland (1%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), and the U.K. (11%) fluoridate any of their water. Most developed countries, including Japan and 97% of the western European population, do not consume fluoridated water. In the U.S., about 70% of public water supplies are
Fluoride & IQ: 70 Studies
As of June 2021, a total of 78 studies have investigated the relationship between fluoride and human intelligence. Of these investigations, 70 studies have found that elevated fluoride exposure is associated with reduced IQ in humans, while over 60 animal studies have found that fluoride exposure impairs the learning and/or
Fluoride's Effect on Fetal Brain
The human placenta does not prevent the passage of fluoride from a pregnant mother's bloodstream to the fetus. As a result, a fetus can be harmed by fluoride ingested pregnancy. Based on research from China, the fetal brain is one of the organs susceptible to fluoride poisoning. As highlighted by the excerpts
Fluoride: Developmental Neurotoxicity.
Developmental Neurotoxicity There has been a tremendous amount of research done on the association of exposure to fluoride with developmental neurotoxicity. There are over 60 studies reporting reduced IQ in children and several on the impaired learning/memory in animals. And there are studies which link fluoride to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Teaching
Email Exchange with FDA re: Fluoride Supplements
Email exchange regarding FDA's reasons for not approving fluoride supplements.
Harvard's Statement on Chester Douglass/Scientific Misconduct
Statement Concerning the Outcome of the Review into Allegations of Research Misconduct Involving Fluoride Research BOSTON-August 15, 2006-The Harvard Medical School and School of Dental Medicine (HSDM) review of Chester Douglass, DMD, PhD, professor of oral health policy and epidemiology at HSDM, has concluded that Douglass did not intentionally omit, misrepresent,
The 'Altered Recommendations' of the 1983 Surgeon General's Panel
"We believe that EPA staff and managers should be called to testify, along with members of the 1983 Surgeon Generals panel and officials of the Department of Human Services, to explain how the original recommendations of the Surgeon Generals panel were altered to allow EPA to set otherwise unjustifiable drinking water standards for fluoride."
Related Miscellaneous Content: