WATER FLUORIDATION STATUS:
- PERCENT OF PEOPLE SERVED BY PUBLIC WATER SYSTEMS THAT ARE FLUORIDATED:
- To see if your town is fluoridated, click here.
- To learn when your town was fluoridated, and which fluoridation chemical it uses, click here.
- To see the latest news on fluoride developments in Wyoming, click here.
- To see an updated list of Wyoming’s professionals calling for an end to fluoridation, click here.
Wyoming’s FLUORIDATION LAW:
- The State of Wyoming does not mandate fluoridation. Local governments control fluoridation policy in WY. City councils can begin or discontinue fluoridation at their discretion, or by a referendum vote. To learn more about WY’s fluoridation law, click here.
DATA ON ORAL HEALTH:
- 2010. Oral Health in Wyoming. Final Report. Wyoming Department of Health. No mention of dental fluorosis.
Communities that rejected fluoridation
|May 6, 2019||Sheridan||Sheridan County||17,444|
|June 21, 2016||Buffalo||Johnson County||4,650|
FAN’S STATE COORDINATOR IN Wyoming:
If you live in WY and want to get the fluoride out of your water contact Stuart Cooper, FAN’s campaign coordinator.
WYOMING WATER SYSTEMS WITH HIGH FLUORIDE LEVELS:
|Water Systems||County||Population||Fluoride (ppm)|
|Roberts Trl Park||Crook||25||2.0|
|Second Fike Subd||Fremont||60||2.4|
|Sleepy Hollow Subd||Campbell||1,050||1.5|
|Information from CDC’s Fluoridation Census published in 1993.|
FLUORIDE POLLUTION SOURCES IN WYOMING:
In 2008, Wyoming ranked #29 out of 48 states for Hydrogen Fluoride releases (400,923 pounds). The following data comes from EPA’s Toxic Release Inventory (TRI). “Total releases” includes both water and air pollution. It’s important to note, however, that not all industries or sources that release fluoride into the environment are included in the TRI.
|Total HF Releases||Type of Industry||Name of Industry|
|151,000||Coal-fired power plant||PACIFICORP JIM BRIDGER PLANT & BRIDGER COAL CO. 9 MILES N OF POINT OF ROCKS, POINT OF ROCKS, Wyoming 82942 (SWEETWATER)|
|115,000||Coal-fired power plant||PACIFICORP DAVE JOHNSTON PLANT. 1591 TANK FARM RD, GLENROCK, Wyoming 82637 (CONVERSE)|
|67,700||Coal-fired power plant||PACIFICORP NAUGHTON PLANT. HWY 189 S OF KEMMERER, KEMMERER, Wyoming 83101 (LINCOLN)|
|23,000||Coal-fired power plant||BASIN ELECTRIC LARAMIE RIVER STATION. 347 GRAYROCKS RD, WHEATLAND, Wyoming 82201 (PLATTE)|
|22,700||Chemicals||SIMPLOT PHOSPHATES LLC. 515 S HWY 430, ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming 82901 (SWEETWATER)|
|20,200||Coal-fired power plant||PACIFICORP WYODAK PLANT. 48 WYODAK RD, GILLETTE, Wyoming 82718 (CAMPBELL)|
|865||Petroleum||WYOMING REFINING CO. 740 W MAIN ST, NEWCASTLE, Wyoming 82701 (WESTON)|
|458||Petroleum||FRONTIER REFINING INC. 2700 E 5TH ST, CHEYENNE, Wyoming 82007 (LARAMIE)|